Thursday, April 24, 2014

Reflective Post

Reflective Post:


I have thoroughly enjoyed Intro to Technology! It has been a fantastic learning experience, and I truly can say that I have taken away so much from this course. At the beginning of the course, I did not realize how many tools were now available, through the use of technology, to teachers in our current day and time. I learned how to embed images, create online lesson plans, and discovered new applications and software that are not only helpful to teachers, but free! The Webquest and teacher portfolio were my favorite projects. They helped solidify my thoughts onto a space that can be accessed from any computer or smart phone, and was I was able to put into words and images my criteria for that particular learning plan. I also have come around in terms of allowing students to use their smart phones as a tool in the classroom. At the beginning of the semester, I felt they were just a distraction, but if I can reach my students on all levels, then I know they are learning.


Not only is the use of technology in the classroom good for teachers, but it allows the students to be creative and present their information in a whole new way. It helps integrate student centered classrooms, and allows the teacher to use all forms of strategies in their classroom. It also gives students with specials needs, disabilities, or English language learners a new opportunity to learn at the same pace as the others students.


Overall, I will definitely be using the tools I discovered here, and I look forward to becoming a teacher even more than before I took this class!














"Technology In the Classroom: Digital Media." Gabgorilla. Youtube.Web.Accessed 24 Apr.2014 fromhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbVKPhVCRFI


No comments:

Post a Comment